Sunday 1 January 2012

December Review

It ended up being a slightly quieter December on the blogging front than I had anticipated.  I did have plans for a few things but a fairly hectic holiday period combined with my broadband modem dying has had me on something of a 'silent running' situation for the last fortnight.

The highlight of the month was definitely the Pokerstars 10th Anniversary Sunday Million with a whopping $10,000,000 guaranteed.  62,116 players eventually joined leading to the biggest online poker prizepool in history with a staggering $12,423,200 in it.  It was a very strange tournament from a personal perspective as I have no idea how I got as far as I did.  For the first few hours I got zero hands to work with and missed every flop going.  Having made a large fold I was down to half my starting stack and in serious need of chips.  I managed to get it in badly 3 times and suck out on the turn or river on every occasion.


It was only when I started getting it in good that the problems began.  Once through the money bubble I lost several massive pots with a 60/40 and 70/30 advantage and ended up exiting in 3,886th.  The evening almost went epic though as friend 'TheSqueeze80' found himself super deep in the tournament.  He busted 229th after unfortunately running pocket Queens into the pocket Aces of the most aggressive player at the table.

It was a better month on the cash game front.  With a rather busy Christmas I only put in about 50% of my normal minimum of 50,000 hands.  I finished slightly up on EV across the month though still nowhere near enough to balance out my fairly epic run bad in recent months. I think my New Years Resolution will be to not run badly in $1/2 games.


Tournaments were also okay.  Having won the PKR Primetime + Antes Monday tournament on the last week of November I came close to going back to back in it finishing 5th out of 161 on the first Monday of December .  I came 1st out of 285 runners to bink the PKR Dirty Dozen on the same evening for $855.  So, like my cash play, a solid set of results without anything spectacular to jump up and down about.



No comments: